We have all been invited by a loving, gracious God to have a relationship with Him.
Do you remember God’s invitations to you before you put your trust in Him?
Here’s how He invited me into a relationship with Him before I believed…
- His first invitation was allowing me to be born into a moral, religious family.
- After reciting memorized prayers at night before bed, He gave me the desire to talk to Him. It’s funny to me now; I’d sneak in a few words of my own even though I wasn’t sure I was allowed.
Then, He began inviting me through people:
- My mother became a Christian when she turned 40 and shared her story with me.
- My gymnastic coach invited me to church.
- My friend from school invited me to her Youth Group where I heard the gospel.
And that’s when I was moved and believed.
Interestingly, since the day I became a Christian, He has not stopped inviting me into a deeper relationship with Him. But, I will save those invitations for another blog.
How did He invite you?
Remembering His myriad of invitations reminds us of the great lengths He went through to have a relationship with us and gives us hope for our loved ones who do not yet believe.
Take heart… He will not stop sending His invitations.
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— Ephesians 2:4-5